Alcohol can be seen as an aphrodisiac, but this tag is not anywhere near reality. While drinking can reduce societal inhibitions and increase the odds of poor impulse control, it can actually reduce sexual functionality.
Believe it or not, a large number of researches have shown prolonged misuse of alcohol ends in erectile dysfunction. Actually, the top cause of impotence is alcohol misuse.
There have been cases where men made use of medications such as Viagra (Sildenafil) which last for up to 4-6 hours. These medicines enhance the blood flow in one’s body and these cases were majorly seen in men who were drunk.
But how does alcohol affect the human body and leads to ED? Let’s take a look at it below.
Alcohol at Work within the Body
Alcohol is a depressant; the human body systems slow since you drink. Finally, these depressant effects inhibit sexual performance.
Here’s a glance at exactly what alcohol does to body systems if consumed:
- Nervous system depressant: Respiration, circulation, and nerve end sensitivity are suppressed.
- Dehydration: Alcohol dehydrates, taking the oxygen and blood flow required to deliver increased sensation into the genitals.
- Erectile dysfunction: Dehydration causes diminished blood circulation and enhanced angiotensin, a hormone related to erectile dysfunction. Long-term alcohol abuse may lead to damage to the nervous system, which is responsible for activating the signs that lead to an erection. Studies also have proven that prolonged abuse may lead to irreversible damage to the nerves in the penis. Further studies have proven erectile dysfunction is found in alcohol even if they’re sober.
- Vaginal dryness: Dehydration brought on by alcohol ingestion may lead to vaginal dryness.
- Delay or prevention of climax: A study discovered that 11percent of alcohol consumers had difficulties reaching orgasm.
- Hormone disruptor: Alcohol misuse affects hormone levels. It enhances testosterone levels, which reduces operational and sexual drive.
The Sexual Response
Various studies have demonstrated that alcohol finally affects all elements of the body response. The most frequent consequences are low sexual desire, premature ejaculation, and erectile dysfunction
Research has also revealed that consuming more alcohol frequently than the liver can break down cause’s toxins to accumulate from the body, ultimately resulting in clinical indications of erectile dysfunction. The total quantity of alcohol consumed is a predictor of creating dysfunctions, together with heavy drinking considerably increasing the possibility of erectile dysfunction. Greater alcohol intake also raises the number of symptoms experienced.
Is ED a permanent issue?
The only way to prevent you from facing any adverse effects is to avoid them. After the body doesn’t have any alcohol, adverse symptoms and signs no more lead to poor sexual performance.
ED can have permanent effects if not treated properly. Maintaining a healthy lifestyle can help you to cure erectile dysfunction permanently. Try to involve exercise into your daily routine and consume a healthy diet.
Not only erectile dysfunction but men who consume alcohol frequently have a higher risk of suffering from problems such as premature ejaculation and deteriorated libido.
Perhaps ED medications such as Cialis 60 mg and Levitra 10mg can help you to treat the problem for a while but you and your partner need to make a fruitful decision for your future. Why not just keep aside the bottle of alcohol for a while and start working on a better solution?
Though some researchers suggest that moderate consumption of alcohol is good for your heart and blood circulation which can in turn work against erectile dysfunction. It is better to say goodbye to alcohol for a while if you’ve been experiencing a lack of sexual desire, or alcohol is the main problem of problems in your relationship. Communication with your partner can be useful and you two should decide what’s best for you. Let go of alcohol and lead a healthy and a happy sex life.